Magnesium is one of the most abundant minerals in the body and is involved with over 300 enzymatic processes. However, up to 80 percent of Americans are not consuming the RDA of magnesium, which will lead to some level of deficiency. This is due to eating insufficient amounts of magnesium rich foods, modern agricultural practices, over consumption of sugary foods, and high stress levels. Get your Mag levels up and enjoy the following benefits:
- Better Sleep: can't say enough about a good nights sleep.
- Hormone Production and Balance: Higher testosterone and detoxification of used estrogen.
- Reduce Stress, and Anxiety: Dampens cortisol response to stressors.
- Better Insulin Sensitivity: Use carbs better and prevent diabetes.
- Increased Cellular Energy: Mag is essential for ATP generation.
- Stronger Bones: Mag is necessary for calcium absorption.
- Reduced Inflammation and Lower Blood Pressure: drivers of aging, obesity and chronic disease.
Foods that are high in magnesium are dark leafy greens (spinach and chard), nuts and seeds like (pumpkin seeds and almonds), and fish (mackerel and pollock).
Supplementing with magnesium will be the quickest way to restore a deficiency and cover the existing gaps in your nutrition. When supplementing with minerals the best forms are chelates, where the magnesium is bound to an amino acid. Some examples would be magnesium… threonate, oroate, fumerate, taurate, glycinate, lysinate, citrate.